Animal Care Australia is the Peak Body advocating higher welfare standards for keeping animals in Australia as pets and companions.
ACA provides continued development of animal welfare standards and Codes of Practice for animal husbandry, breeding, training, sale and sporting exhibitions for a wide range of animal species. This is to promote and encourage high standards in all interactions with the animals in our care.
ACA also provides education to our members, the general public and government to encourage responsible pet ownership, and the respectful treatment of all animals in our community.
- To represent animal care groups as the peak animal welfare body
- To engage Government on all levels of animal Welfare issues
- To provide expert animal welfare advice to legislators
- To clarify the difference between animal rights and animal welfare
- To promote higher animal welfare outcomes
- To support grass roots hobbyists/animal keepers
- To develop strategies and educate the general public in the best care for all animals